The 3rd Forum of Mayors will take place in Geneva on 2-3 October 2023, under the theme “Urban regeneration towards 2030”.
The Forum of Mayors (FoM) is a formal UN body enabling mayors from the UNECE region to discuss global challenges that affect them, adopt declarations, and convey their recommendations to UN Member States. The Forum fosters a new and more inclusive multilateralism, where local actors like mayors can take part in global debates alongside States and develop collective solutions that respond to people’s concerns.
This year, the GCH is honored to co-organize, in cooperation with all UN Regional Economic Commissions, the Interregional Segment of the FoM.
For the first time, this segment will connect mayors from all UN regions and identify shared challenges in relation to “Urban regeneration towards 2030”. The segment will enable the FoM to go beyond the UNECE region and get a global perspective.
The Forum of Mayors, is an official, broadcasted plenary meeting of the United Nations, taking place in Geneva on 02 -03 October 2023.
As an official, recorded and broadcast meeting of UNECE, the Forum benefits from English, French & Russian interpretation (Spanish and Arabic only on 2 October). The Forum can be followed in two different ways:
- Everyone can watch it live or the recording on the official UN television channel (UNTV).
Simply click on the link above at the time of the meeting to watch the webcast of the event (2 October 10:00 am CEST).
- In-person: please note that participation is limited, as the UNECE secretariat allocates speaking and other slots according to the program.
Participation from the room requires an official accreditation by a diplomatic mission or accredited NGO, or an official invitation from the UNECE secretariat.
An official meeting report will be available on the UNECE website.
- H.E. Yousef Al Shawarbeh, Mayor of Amman, Jordan
- Bairammurad Kurbanov, Deputy Mayor of Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
- Eldar Azizov, Head of the Baku City Executive Power, Azerbaijan
- Sedami Koomlan Gatien Adjagboni, Deputy Mayor of Cotonou, Benin
- Manal Awad, Governor of Damietta, Egypt
- Ibrahim Kedir Juhar, Mayor of Dire Dawa, Ethiopia
- Davis Mwamfupe, Mayor of Dodoma, Tanzania
- Susan Aitken, Mayor of Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Pudence Rubingisa, Mayor of Kigali, Rwanda
- Nelson Legacion, Mayor of Naga, Philippine
- Kanop Ketchart, Mayor of Nakhon Si Thammarat, Thailand
- Santiago Maggiotti, Mayor of Navarro, Argentina
- Anabel Hermosa, Mayor of Otavalo, Ecuador
- Asmaa Rhlalou, Mayor of Rabat, Morocco
- Tobia Zevi,, Mayor of Rome, Italy
- Ernst Woller, First President of Vienna Provincial Parliament, Austria
Please follow this link to register.
You can find further information about the Forum of Mayors on our website.